If you’re looking for a career change but don’t know where to start, it’s time to consider moving toward the trucking industry. Because there’s a shortage of truck drivers, benefits for truck drivers have greatly improved; in fact, many trucking companies are paying even more for qualified truck drivers to haul loads across the country. In other words, the trucking industry has plenty to offer interested candidates. So to get you interested in the industry, start by looking at the great benefits of being a truck driver.
7 Benefits of Becoming a Truck Driver
- Get a change of scenery. Truck drivers spend a lot of time on the road, which means they get to travel to places they never thought they would. One of the great things about driving a truck is that the scenery changes constantly and there are usually points of interest on the way. It’s a great way of seeing and doing new things.
- Get great pay. Companies are giving bonuses and increased pay for truck drivers, particularly long-haul drivers. They also pay substantially more for reliable, safe truck drivers because they are rare. In fact, truck driverstrea can earn more than some college graduates. Another plus about becoming a truck driver is that you are usually guaranteed pay raises as you add on years of experience.
- Get an extra bonus. Trucking companies may offer bonuses for certain loads carried or distance traveled. They can also be for things like great safety records or longevity of the company.
- Have benefits. Most trucking companies offer major benefits for their employees. Benefits for truck drivers can include medical, dental, life insurance, vision, and retirement plans. Some trucking companies also offer paid vacation and holidays.
- Have more flexibility. A flexible schedule is available to truck drivers through many trucking companies. Many times, truck drivers can also decide what type of hauls they would like to drive. They can decide between local runs, long distance runs, or cross-region runs.
- Have job security. With a job as a truck driver, you have much more security in your position. The trucking industry is a secure market and because there’s a shortage of truck drivers, you will always have a position available to you, especially if you have a few years of safe driving under your belt.
- Work with teams. Working as a team with a spouse or colleague gives truck drivers a way to earn a higher income on long runs. Teams receive bonuses for making faster deliveries and can earn over $100,000 per year.
Now is the time to put your career first and make the change. With great benefits and great compensation, it is a great move for you and your family. If you’re interested in working for Nagle Companies and getting the best benefits out there, contact us today!